An IP (Internet Protocol) PBX (Private branch exchange) is a business telephone system designed to deliver voice or video over a data network and interoperate with the normal Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). We provide you with everything you need to help your business, we will assess your needs then advise and supply you with phone handsets and all of the ancillary equipment that is needed.
- Much easier to install & configure than a proprietary phone system.
- Web/GUI based configuration interface.
- Significant cost savings using VOIP providers
- Eliminate phone wiring!
- Eliminate vendor lock in!
- Better customer service & productivity.
- Twice the phone system features for half the price!
- Allow hot desking& roaming.
- Better phone usability: SIP phones are easier to use.
Typical features :
- IVR (Interactive voice response) – route out of hours via a greeting to voice mail
- Divert – route out of hours calls to an answering service or mobile.
- Call Recording*1
- Voice Mail (delivered via email attachment)
- Multi-party (>3 line) conference calls
- Call & Pickup Groups
- Caller ID Lookup – greet clients by name when answering a call
- DDI (Direct Dial In) – if you have multiple numbers, allocate incoming calls to ring directly to a specific extension
- DDO (Direct Dial Out) – no need to dial a number to get an outside line (unless you have multiple outbound routes)
- DISA (Direct Inward System Access) – used to have calls from mobiles go via the PBX (for recording and branding purposes)
- BLF (Busy Light Field) glance down at your phone to know if the person you want to transfer a call to is free to take it
- Remote access means software upgrades, configuration amends or new features are not big ticket items